Sunday, March 1, 2009

Very Early Predictions

-I decided that a "what to watch for" list would not be complete without a very early prediction on what the Oscar nominees will be for next year. I can almost guarantee that these will not be the actual nominees, but like I said in the last posting this is mainly for fun (and potential bragging rights). It is my goal to get at least one or maybe two out of the possible five... I would be very happy with that. This posting will officially end my coverage of the Oscars until next year, and this blog will begin focusing on reviews of movies in theaters along with some occasional reviews on other random movies I happen to watch. And my '09 predictions are...

Best Picture:
Shutter Island
The Human Factor
Nine
The Lovely Bones
Tree of Life

Best Director:
Martin Scorsese for Shutter Island
Peter Jackson for The Lovely Bones
Micheal Mann for Public Enemies
Clint Eastwood for The Human Factor
Ang Lee for Taking Woodstock

Best Actor:
Leonardo DiCaprio for Shutter Island
Robert Downey Jr. for Sherlock Holmes
Daniel-Day Lewis for Nine
Morgan Freeman for The Human Factor
Viggo Mortensen for The Road

Best Actress:
Hilary Swank for Amelie
Meryl Streep for Julia and Julia
Helen Mirren for The Tempest
Saorise Ronan for The Lovely Bones
Nicole Kidman for Nine

Best Supporting Actor:
Mark Ruffalo for Shutter Island
Jude Law for Sherlock Holmes
Jaime Fox for The Soloist
Kodi Smit-McPhee for The Road
Christian Bale/Johnny Depp/Billy Crudup/Giovanni Ribisi for Public Enemies (I am not sure if Bale/Depp or both will be considered lead, but I will bet that one of these guys gets a nomination here...Is it cheating to list four?)

Best Supporting Actress:
Amy Adams for Julia and Julia
Penelope Cruz for Nine
Rachel Weisz for The Lovely Bones
Michelle Williams for Shutter Island
Rachel McAdams for Sherlock Holmes


Coming Soon:
I am going to see Watchmen on Friday so look for that review on either Friday or Saturday... here is a preview if you haven't see one already.

No comments:

Post a Comment